Sunday, January 6, 2013
Ty's Marathon
Tylin was involved in a neat program at her school. The Seattle Marathon does a kids program that helps kids get running. Over the course of a few weeks the kids run 25 miles on their own. Ty tried to run 1/2 mile or 1 mile a day. Then the last day of the program they run the last mile and raced to the finish line, parents or siblings could run too. The rest of the school came out and cheered them on.
Ty did a good job but she started out sprinting because the other kids were, so by the time she was half way done she was exhausted. When she ran by me she was almost in tears. I was there with the twins in a stroller and Tanner. The babies draw a lot of attention and we had some helpful third grade girls who were playing with the babies. So I told them I would be right back I was just going to run with Ty a minute to push her a little.( I wasn't dressed for running, I was wearing boots.) So I caught up to Ty and she needed a little encouragement. By the time she got going I was half way around the field, so I just kept running with her. Then I hear crying and I turn around and Tanner is running after me, " Mommy wait for me, I can't catch you." Lets just say the last few tenths of that mile wore me out, but we made it. Tylin finished strong and I carried Tanner the rest of the way. Then I realize I left my babies, and I see the 3rd grade girls pushing the stroller around looking for me. They were so helpful and I'm glad they took care of the girls. After the run they had a small party in the gym. Each of the kids got shirts and medals. Then they had treats and gatorade. Ty got first our of all the 2nd grade girls, and even if there were only 2 she worked hard for it.:) It is a good program and I hope that Ty wants to do it again next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment